The Vision Goals
Greenville Vision 2025 is bold and aggressive; dreaming about what Greenville can aspire to be in the next twenty five years. While the complete vision cannot be completely understood through eleven main points, it can certainly be more understood.
By 2025, we dream that Greenville is the most livable place in the country and...
- Is a highly recognized center for the arts and cultural activities.
- Is healthy, supported by programs for community health, care for the medically underserved, bikeway and walkway networks, and a collaborative healthcare system.
- Is a national leader in environmental stewardship and keeps the "Green" in Greenville.
- Embraces the spirit of innovative government, and local governments collaborate with each other.
- Values authentic mixed-use neighborhoods and town centers which keep the "village" in Greenville.
- Values learning. Everyone is educated to their potential and every child enters first grade ready to succeed.
- Takes care of those in need and everyone has a home.
- Is accepting, inclusive, and diverse to all people regardless of where they live, how much they make, where they worship, who they vote for, or who they love.
- Cultivates and inspires creativity, and retains and attracts young, talented people and their families to Greenville.
- Supports Industry clusters through academic centers of excellence.
- Continues to be an international center for trade and investment.
- Plans as a region and the Vision extends through the Carolina Upcountry.
Download the Visions
The current vision emphasizes ensuring a high quality of life in Greenville around six primary focus areas.